This bright and colourful quinoa bowl is an easy grab and go lunch option that will fill you up and keep you full all afternoon long. Packed with protein, healthy fats and antioxidants, you simply can’t go wrong with this easy and delicious dish!
- 2 medium zucchinis, diced
- 2 whole carrots, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (click here for the perfect method to cook quinoa)
- ¼ avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro or Italian parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, carrots, broccoli florets, red pepper, yellow pepper, lemon zest, sea salt, garlic, and olive oil. Mix together until vegetables are evenly coated.
- Spread the vegetables on a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven and allow them to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the roasted veggies, cooked quinoa and avocado cubes. Top with cilantro or parsley leaves and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis: calories 490, fat 28g, carbohydrates 56g, fiber 11g, protein 12g
Did you know that quinoa is one of the only plant foods that contain all nine essential amino acids? It also offers 4g of protein per ½ cup serving. This is an excellent vegetarian protein option! If you are looking for an additional boost of protein, you can always throw some extra in…
Optional protein add on’s:
- Sliced hard boiled eggs
- Shredded rotisserie chicken
- Organic, non-GMO tofu cubes
- Piece of cooked salmon
- ½ cup roasted or canned chickpeas