1. Kick grains from dinner - As the sun sets in the evening, our metabolism tends to slow down making it harder to digest grains. For weight loss and energy, keep your dinners light by removing all grain.
2. Cut back on your caffeine - Trust me - I adore my one coffee per day. But,... too much caffeine can stress our adrenals, making it harder to loose weight. Replace that second cup of coffee with an herbal tea or green tea that can help to boost metabolism.
3. Plan your week - Prepared foods can be loaded with sugars, fats and sodium. Pre-planning your week will help keep you eating healthier and fresher food
4. Reduce stress - Easy to say with kids, work etc.-but often times reducing stress takes planning and intention. Whether you stretch, drink a cup of herbal tea alone, color, meditate or work out - it is so important to take a little bit of time for you each day.
5. Cut the sugars! - Get yourself back on track by cutting out added white sugar and substituting with natural sweet options such as low sugar fruits (apples and berries). If wanting a little sweet in your morning coffee - add a titch of low glycemic index coconut sugar.