SMASHED AVOCADO AND TOMATO BRUSCHETTA
- Non stick cooking spray
- ½ loaf of whole wheat French bread, cut into slices
- 4 large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 avocados, smashed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler.
- Place slices of bread on baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Broil 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, combine Roma tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Mix well.
- Spread smashed avocado onto each bread slice, then generously spoon tomato topping on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Looking for some tips on how to survive the holidays without gaining weight? Click here to learn more!