Looking for a great salad to bring to a BBQ this Canada Day long weekend? Look for further! This light and delicious quinoa salad is made with fill-you-up protein and healthy fats that everyone will love!
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 8 cups baby spinach (or arugula)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- In a small bowl, add lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, Dijon mustard, shallot, sea salt and pepper. Whisk together and set aside.
- Add cooked quinoa into large serving bowl and add baby spinach, avocado, pine nuts and pumpkin seeds.
- Add dressing and mix well to combine.
Additional ingredients that can be added into this salad include: roasted sweet potato (click here for a recipe), pea shoots, roasted red peppers, olives, almonds, roasted chickpeas (click here for a recipe), feta cheese or goat cheese.
Nutritional analysis: calories 480, fat 35g, carbohydrates 36g, fiber 8g, protein 11g