Banana Bread Protein Muffins
Low in calories and carbohydrates – these easy to make muffins are delicious and full of protein! Great for an afternoon snack or with some fruit or Greek yogurt for breakfast.
- 1 large ripe banana
- ¾ cup egg whites
- ½ cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup oats, gluten free
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or add liner
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender, (or food processor), and blend until mixture is smooth.
- Divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 12 muffins
Nutritional Analysis (per muffin): 58 calories, 9g Carbohydrates, 7g Protein, 2g Fiber, 1g Sugar
For a few of Dr. Joey’s other favourite breakfast options, click here.