HEARTY TURKEY CHILI
This delicious and filling chili recipe checks off all boxes- high in protein, fibre, easy to make and great for cold wintery nights. Enjoy!
Makes: 8 servings,
1 Serving = 1 cup
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 45-50 min
Total time: 65 min
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-12 oz ground turkey meat
- 1tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1-19 oz can red kidney beans, well rinsed
- 1-19 oz can black beans, well rinsed
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Place oil in a large pot and place over medium heat – add in onion and garlic and sauté for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add turkey meat into pot and sauté until no longer pink.
- Next add in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, chopped vegetable, beans and coconut sugar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes – stir continuously.
- Garnish with small amount of low fat cheddar if desired.