With fall just around the corner, we are slowly starting to transition into everyone’s favourite – harvest foods! This chili recipe is quick and easy to make and can be used for a delicious lunch or dinner. I always recommend freezing leftovers for a healthy grab-and-go meal option.
- 1 cup onion, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 1 can (125 mL) diced tomatoes (click here for a good brand)
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1-19 oz can red kidney beans
- 1-19 oz can black beans
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Brown the ground turkey in a pan over medium heat until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Combine onion, celery, diced tomatoes, carrots, kidney beans, black beans, chili powder, garlic, oregano and basil in a large cooking pot.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring often.
- Allow to simmer for 30 minutes and serve warm.
Nutritional analysis: calories 200, fat 5g , carbohydrates 23g, fiber 7g, protein 18g
Be sure to check back every week for more delicious harvest recipes!