This delicious chickpea quinoa salad is packed full of protein and heart healthy fats, making it the perfect, balanced lunch for any day of the week!
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1-15 ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed well and drained
- 2 cups organic spinach, torn
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ⅓ cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, halved
- ⅓ cup feta
- ⅓ cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Add quinoa, chickpeas, spinach, parsley, cilantro, green onion and black olives into large bowl or Tupperware. Mix together. Top with feta and pumpkin seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix together.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and toss to combine. Serve immediately, or let it cool and refrigerate for later. This salad keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3 days.
Nutritional analysis: calories 417, fat 22g, carbohydrates 44g, fiber 7g, protein 14g
For other great meal prep ideas, please click here!