This easy and delicious black bean quinoa salad is packed full of fiber and protein – making it a perfect meal option for everyone at home! Can be made in advance for lunches or dinners and will last about 3 days in the fridge.
- 1 can black beans (15 ounce), rinsed well and drained – click here for my favourite brand
- 1 cup white quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup fresh corn (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Add the beans, quinoa, corn, tomatoes, avocado and parsley into a large mixing bowl. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, paprika and sea salt.
- Drizzle over the mixture and toss. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional analysis: calories 330, fat 15g, carbohydrates 40g, fiber 9g, protein 10g