Fall weather is finally here which means it’s time to start using our favourite ingredients – harvest foods and warming spices! These high fiber apple cinnamon muffins make a great afternoon snack for you and the kids.
- 5 organic eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted very well31
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line the muffin tins or spray with coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Put all ingredients into a medium sized bowl and mix together. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Use ⅓ cup measure to spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until starting to brown and not soft when lightly touched on the top.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Makes 12 muffins
Nutritional analysis per muffin: calories 135, fat 8g, carbohydrates 14g, fiber 5g, protein 4g
For other healthy snack suggestions and ideas, click here.