Green Goddess Smoothie
Looking for a refreshing way to start your day filled with anti-oxidants and anti-aging properties? Try my green goddess smoothie recipe listed below.
- 1 medium frozen banana (peeled)
- 1/2 cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp of collagen powder
- 1 heaping Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 8 ounces of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 5-6 ice cubes
Add to blender, blend on high and enjoy!
Winter is just around the corner and it is time to give your immune system a little extra TLC.
In order to keep your immune system in tip top shape and to stay healthy and strong this holiday season, I recommend;
- A daily dose of vitamin C. Try to get a minimum of 2 grams of vitamin C per day. I often add Ester C packets to my water to get my extra boost of this much needed “super” vitamin.
- Avoid processed flours and sugars. Processed flours and sugars are known to lower our white blood cell response leaving us wide open to viruses and bacteria. Substitute with naturally occurring sugars (i.e. in fruit) and non GMO whole grains.
- Move your body. We run the risk of becoming too sedentary in the winter time and the body was made to move. Do not sit at your desk for more than 1 hour at a time without getting up to stretch. Indoor and outdoor regular cardiovascular work outs are also so important.
- Check your sleep hygiene. Proper sleep is critical to restore and repair. Try to sleep in a dark, cool room without any electronics by your bedside. Write gratitudes/intentions in a journal each night before you go to bed.
- Eat your greens! Greens contain natural anti-oxidants that help to boost immune system function. Spinach, kale, broccoli and arugula are a few deep rich greens that are filled to the brim with nutrition.
- Keep the homeopathic oscillococcinum on hand to take at the first sign of feeling run down or flu like symptoms. For more information, click here.
- Watch your stress levels. Stress can have a major negative effect on your immune system. Take warm showers, go for walks, take breaks, practice morning quiet meditation or talk to a friend or loved one to help keep stress in check.
- Drink your water. The body needs approximately 2 litres of water per day to stay hydrated. To learn more about my “super water” click here.
- Consider supplementing with a probiotic. Studies implicate probiotics may help reduce the incidence of gastrointestinal and respiratory infections.
- Soup it up. Make healthy soups loaded with bone broth and steamed vegetables for a quick and easy snack. Throw some garlic into your soup as an added immune boosting food!
Beat the heat with these refreshing, homemade popsicles that will keep your hydrated all summer long! Keep them in the freezer for you and the kids to grab throughout the day as a healthy treat. Continue reading
Keep summer snacks fun with some light and delicious dips that you and the family will love! Great to keep in the fridge as an easy go-to snack throughout the day and also ideal to have out for pool parties, BBQ’s with veggie sticks and healthy crackers. Continue reading
Summer is the perfect season to load up on all the delicious seasonal vegetables that are now available to us at the farmers market and grocery stores. Get a variety of nutrients, vitamin and minerals with a wide array of colourful salads this summer! Continue reading