Change up your dinner routine with these warm and hearty quinoa stuffed tomatoes that are loaded with delicious flavours you and the family will love!
- 1 cup organic cooked quinoa (click here for instructions on how to cook the perfect batch of fluffy quinoa)
- ½ cup canned artichokes, chopped
- ½ cup feta, plus a 2 tablespoons extra for topping
- 12 black olives, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dried or fresh)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 medium to large tomatoes, ⅛ inch sliced off top and core scooped out
- 8 basil leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa, artichokes, feta, olives, olive oil, garlic, oregano and sea salt.
- Spray your dish with cooking oil and brush the tops of the cored tomatoes with olive oil.
- Use a spoon to stuff the tomatoes with the quinoa mixture.
- Top each tomato with extra feta.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the feta starts to turn golden brown on top.
- Garnish each tomato with a small basil leaf.
Nutritional analysis (per tomato): calories 160, fat 6g, carbohydrates 22g, fiber 4g, protein 6g