QUINOA WITH ROASTED EGGPLANT, SPINACH AND GOAT’S CHEESE
Need more “stick to your ribs” food as the weather cools? Try this tasty dish for lunch or dinner.
- 1 and ½ cups of quinoa
- 2 ½ cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup of crumbled goat’s cheese
- ¼ cup of chopped basil
- Rinse quinoa under cold water. Place in saucepan with chicken broth, cover and simmer gently for approximately 20 minutes (or until quinoa is tender and fluffs with a fork).
- While quinoa is cooking, preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Grease the sheet lightly with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, mix cubed eggplant with 3 tablespoons olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Spread eggplant over the lightly greased baking sheet and roast for approximately 30 minutes until eggplant softens. Check eggplant at the 15- minute mark and flip cubes to other side.
- While eggplant is being roasted, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan, add spinach and 1 minced garlic clove and cook for 2-5 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat.
- Once eggplant is done, remove it from the baking sheet and add to pan with garlic. Add cooked quinoa and second clove of minced garlic. Mix all together, top with chopped basil if desired and enjoy!