Are you someone who starts your day off well only not to finish it as well? Do you crave sweets at night and find it hard to not over indulge? If so – you are not alone. Unfortunately, research is very clear that in order to lose weight, balance blood sugars and burn fat – you need to say bye- bye to nighttime eating and over indulging on sweets.
So what can you do to snack a little bit smarter and healthier? The answer lies with timing and choices. Simply follow the simple tips below and you will find your put an end to your cravings and burn unwanted belly fat.
Simple snacking tips
1. Stock up on low calorie, nutrient dense foods such as vegetables and fruits. If after dinner “munchies” hit – opt for some baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, 1 handful of blueberries, a slice of watermelon or slices of apples. Frozen pieces of mangos also do the trick.
2. Drink sweet teas. Often times we mistake our thirst for hunger. Try drinking sweet herbal teas such as Bengal spice, apple, blueberry or lemon tea.
3. Eat 2 Dr. Joey Skinnychews. Skinnychews are delicious chocolatey chews that have 2 grams of inulin fiber per chew. Inulin fiber has been shown to be effective for appetite control and cravings. Dr. Joey’s Skinnychew are also low calorie (17 calories per chew), gluten free and naturally sweetnened.
4. If you are truly hungry – snack on some protein or fat rich foods. Protein options include a hard boiled egg, sliced turkey or some Greek yogurt. Fat options include 10-15 almonds, walnuts, cashews or peanuts.
5. Pop 2 chewable vitamin C’s to kill a craving. Chewable vitamin C is available at most health food stores.
Take home point:
Weight loss is not just a mathematical event (i.e. calories in, calories out) – it is also a hormonal even. This is why nighttime snacking on sweets can create excess cravings and belly fat storage. By putting an end to nighttime eating by following the steps outlined above – you will find your waistline and energy levels benefit right away!