CRISPY SWEET POTATO FRENCH FRIES WITH CREAMY MUSTARD DIP
We all know vitamin C is crucial to warding off the common cold or flu. But…did you know that sweet potatoes are chock full of vitamin C? Yup…that’s right – this tasty, healthy and delicious spud is also filled to the brim with vitamins and minerals that are good for your immune system. Sweet potato French Fries are great as an appetizer or side dish at your holiday party (you can even serve sweet potato French Fries in martini glasses with a variety of dips! Yum!).
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 4-5 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
Please note: Additional optional seasonings can include paprika or pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and lightly grease 2 cookies sheets, or line with parchment paper.
- Once potatoes are peeled, slice potatoes into wedges that are French Fries size (the skinnier the better so they become crispy).
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil and sea salt.
- Spread fries out in single layer on cookies sheet without crowding.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip the fries over. Bake for an additional 15 minutes (or until French Fries are crispy)
These fries go fast in my house so…you may want to double batch!
- 7 pitted dates
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ cup of raw cashews
- 3 Tbsp of Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp of honey
- Pinch of sea salt and or pepper
Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend on high for 20-30 seconds or until dip is creamy. Enjoy!